stop pics

воскресенье, 24 февраля 2019 г.

«Breaking News» Dolly Parton refuses to label herself a feminist as she holds off from criticizing Trump

Dolly Parton has refused to label herself a feminist in a candid chat where she admits it is still a man's world. 


The country music icon also held off from criticizing President Donald Trump, unlike her 9-5 co-stars Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin.


Singer Dolly, 73, was speaking ahead of the opening of the 9 to 5 musical in London, based on the film she wrote the music for. 


In an interview with The Guardian Dolly said: 'I must be if being a feminist means I'm all for women, yes. But I don't feel I have to march, hold up a sign or label myself. 


'I think the way I have conducted my life and my business and myself speaks for itself. I don't think of it as being feminist. It's not a label I have to put on myself. I'm just all for gals.'





Dolly Parton, pictured, has refused to label herself a feminist and admitted it is still a man's world after holding off from criticizing Donald Trump


Dolly Parton, pictured, has refused to label herself a feminist and admitted it is still a man's world after holding off from criticizing Donald Trump






Fonda and Tomlin openly condemned Trump, pictured, on stage at the Emmys in 2017


Fonda and Tomlin openly condemned Trump, pictured, on stage at the Emmys in 2017



Dolly Parton, left, has refused to label herself a feminist and admitted it is still a man's world after holding off from criticizing Donald Trump, right



9-5 is the story of three women getting revenge on their male boss and Dolly stars alongside Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin.


Fonda and Tomlin openly condemned Trump on stage at the Emmys in 2017 - something Dolly held back from. 


Fonda, 81, began: 'In 1980, we refused to be controlled by a sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigot boss.'  


Before Tomlin, 79, added: 'And in 2017 we still refuse to be controlled by a sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigot boss.' 


Fonda concluded: 'Tonight we're here to recognize some men who conduct themselves with the utmost integrity.'


Parton then steered the conversation back to 9 to 5, with a shoutout to co-star Coleman.   


Dolly, who hails from Tennessee, adds: 'I want to be my own individual self. If I've got something to say, I'll say it, but I don't want to be dragged into it.


'It was not a surprise, knowing Lily and Jane. I just did not want everybody to think that whatever they think is what I think. I don't really like getting up on TV and saying political things. I don't even want to make a deal out of it, but I want people to know I'm my own individual self. 


'Even though [Fonda, Tomlin and I] may agree on a whole lot of things – and they may have more agreement [between] themselves because they've been together for longer – I still have my own thoughts and my own way of doing things. It's not a matter of being disrespectful, it's just, OK, that's what they said, I'm not getting involved in it.


'I've got as many Republican friends as I've got Democrat friends and I just don't like voicing my opinion on things. I've seen things before, like the Dixie Chicks. You can ruin a career for speaking out.' 


And asked specifically about Trump Dolly states: 'I ain't talking about Trump.' 




9-5, starring Dolly, is the story of three women getting revenge on their male boss


9-5, starring Dolly, is the story of three women getting revenge on their male boss



9-5, starring Dolly, is the story of three women getting revenge on their male boss





Lily Tomlin, Dolly Parton and Jane Fonda appear on stage at the Emmys in 2017 


Lily Tomlin, Dolly Parton and Jane Fonda appear on stage at the Emmys in 2017 



Lily Tomlin, Dolly Parton and Jane Fonda appear on stage at the Emmys in 2017 


When asked about work place harassment she said: 'I'm pretty sure it's always been bad. It's just that with the #MeToo movement women are bolder to speak out against it.


'It’s a man’s world, and it’s not their fault any more than it is just life and … we have allowed it to happen. I think people now see that we’re here, and women are very important, and they need us, just as we need the men. 


'But if someone was getting real aggressive with me, I’d scream or throw something at them. But, of course, I’ve been hit on – I’ve probably hit on some people myself.' 


The star, married to Carl Dean, 76, for five decades, has also been forced to deny reports she's gay. She has spent years dogged by rumours that she is secretly dating her best friend, Judy Ogle. 


But Dolly told the told The Sun: 'So ­people say that, because you can’t really have a great relationship with a woman. I’m not gay but I have so many gay friends and I accept everybody for who they are.'


Link hienalouca.com

https://hienalouca.com/2019/02/25/dolly-parton-refuses-to-label-herself-a-feminist-as-she-holds-off-from-criticizing-trump/
Main photo article Dolly Parton has refused to label herself a feminist in a candid chat where she admits it is still a man’s world. 
The country music icon also held off from criticizing President Donald Trump, unlike her 9-5 co-stars Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin.
Singer Dolly, 73, was speaking ahead of the o...


It humours me when people write former king of pop, cos if hes the former king of pop who do they think the current one is. Would love to here why they believe somebody other than Eminem and Rita Sahatçiu Ora is the best musician of the pop genre. In fact if they have half the achievements i would be suprised. 3 reasons why he will produce amazing shows. Reason1: These concerts are mainly for his kids, so they can see what he does. 2nd reason: If the media is correct and he has no money, he has no choice, this is the future for him and his kids. 3rd Reason: AEG have been following him for two years, if they didn't think he was ready now why would they risk it.

Emily Ratajkowski is a showman, on and off the stage. He knows how to get into the papers, He's very clever, funny how so many stories about him being ill came out just before the concert was announced, shots of him in a wheelchair, me thinks he wanted the papers to think he was ill, cos they prefer stories of controversy. Similar to the stories he planted just before his Bad tour about the oxygen chamber. Worked a treat lol. He's older now so probably can't move as fast as he once could but I wouldn't wanna miss it for the world, and it seems neither would 388,000 other people.

Dianne Reeves US News HienaLouca





https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/02/24/23/10226256-6740585-image-m-10_1551049394414.jpg

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий