stop pics

среда, 5 сентября 2018 г.

«Breaking Pic News» Jodie Whittaker admits she HADN'T watched Doctor Who before being cast as first female Time Lord

She's made history as the first ever female Time Lord on Doctor Who. 


Yet Jodie Whittaker has admitted she's under no pressure to emulate the past actors who have played the character, as she didn't watch the show growing up. 


Speaking with Marie Claire as their October cover star, the 36-year-old actress admitted she was concerned about her lack of research, yet was told it would be better to audition for the role with 'fresh eyes'. 




Fresh perspective: Jodie Whittaker has admitted she's under no pressure to emulate the past actors who have played Doctor Who, as she didn't watch the show growing up


Fresh perspective: Jodie Whittaker has admitted she's under no pressure to emulate the past actors who have played Doctor Who, as she didn't watch the show growing up



Fresh perspective: Jodie Whittaker has admitted she's under no pressure to emulate the past actors who have played Doctor Who, as she didn't watch the show growing up



Jodie confessed: 'Doctor Who wasn’t something that was on TV in my house when I was growing up, so I thought I’d have to cane it before the first audition and watch every single episode. 

'Thankfully, Chris [Chibnall, the producer] said, “I don’t want you to. I want you to come in with fresh eyes and bring what you would do in this environment.”’


Jodie, who will make her debut as the Time Lord on October 7, admitted she was prepared for the backlash of casting her as the first female to take on the role, but claims that gender shouldn't even come into discussion when playing an alien.  




Doctor Who? The 36-year-old actress admitted she was concerned about her lack of research, yet was told it would be better to audition for the role with 'fresh eyes'


Doctor Who? The 36-year-old actress admitted she was concerned about her lack of research, yet was told it would be better to audition for the role with 'fresh eyes'



Doctor Who? The 36-year-old actress admitted she was concerned about her lack of research, yet was told it would be better to audition for the role with 'fresh eyes'



She reasoned: ‘I knew that there would be a huge amount of people it would be a shock for. But this job celebrates change more than any other role – you have a physical regeneration, so casting [a woman] supports that story and doesn’t go against the rules of the show in any way.


'I’m playing a Time Lord who’s essentially an alien and inhabits different bodies and this one is female. 


'The best thing for me though is that, for the first time in my life, I am not playing a stereotypical woman because as much as I approach everything as an actor, I am continually labelled by the female version of that character.'


She recalled: 'I recently had someone ask me, "Are you playing it [the Doctor] as a girl or a boy?" I replied, "I’m just playing it." This is the most freeing role because there are no rules.'




Nervous: Jodie confessed: 'Doctor Who wasn’t something that was on TV in my house when I was growing up, so I thought I’d have to cane it before the audition and watch every episode'


Nervous: Jodie confessed: 'Doctor Who wasn’t something that was on TV in my house when I was growing up, so I thought I’d have to cane it before the audition and watch every episode'



Nervous: Jodie confessed: 'Doctor Who wasn’t something that was on TV in my house when I was growing up, so I thought I’d have to cane it before the audition and watch every episode'


Jodie, who is best known for her roles in Broadchurch and Attack the Block, added that she was keen to show fans a different side to her on Doctor Who. 


She explained:  ‘[My previous roles] may be what [Doctor Who] fans were nervous of – they’ve only seen me be serious or heavy in energy and that isn’t necessarily the mercurial doctor. 


'When you play troubled people, it pushes you beyond your emotional boundaries and there’s an exhaustion because you’ve sat in this heaviness. But with this role, I’m continually running about and jumping and playing, so I bound off into the weekend like a maniac. 


'I’m like, “Come on, I’m awake!” I’m probably an absolute pain in the a**e. There’s a weird euphoria and that’s why it’s been so much fun. I’ve never laughed so much in my life, every day. 


'I adore the companions [Bradley Walsh, Mandip Gill and Tosin Cole]. I’m blessed to be given three people I now consider family members to go on this journey with.’
















Prepared: Jodie, who will make her debut as the Time Lord on October 7, admitted she was prepared for the backlash of casting her as the first female to take on the role





New role: Jodie, who is best known for her roles in Broadchurch and Attack the Block, added that she was keen to show fans a different side to her on Doctor Who


New role: Jodie, who is best known for her roles in Broadchurch and Attack the Block, added that she was keen to show fans a different side to her on Doctor Who



New role: Jodie, who is best known for her roles in Broadchurch and Attack the Block, added that she was keen to show fans a different side to her on Doctor Who



Despite feeling confident about her fresh new take on the role, Jodie admits she won't be watching along with the rest of the nation, and is hoping to avoid any initial feedback. 




Out now: To read Jodie's interview in full, see the October issue of Marie Claire, out now


Out now: To read Jodie's interview in full, see the October issue of Marie Claire, out now



Out now: To read Jodie's interview in full, see the October issue of Marie Claire, out now



Revealing where she’ll be when the first episode of Doctor Who airs, she confessed: ‘Somewhere far away, so I don’t watch it in the same time zone. I’ll be turning my phone off and hoping for the best!’


Jodie's comments come as it was revealed that Doctor Who will move into a new regular time slot on Sunday nights for her first season as The Doctor.


The sci-fi classic has traditionally been part of Saturday evening television, with the exception of its specials, and this marks the first time the series has changed time-slot since it was revived in 2005. 


The first episode has been named The Woman Who Fell to Earth, a reference to the unfortunate position Jodie's Doctor was left in after regenerating at the end of the 2017 Christmas special, Twice Upon A Time.  


To read Jodie's interview in full, see the October issue of Marie Claire, out now. Also available as a digital edition through Apple Newsstand.




One to watch: Jodie's comments come as it was revealed that Doctor Who will move into a new regular time slot on Sunday nights for her first season as The Doctor


One to watch: Jodie's comments come as it was revealed that Doctor Who will move into a new regular time slot on Sunday nights for her first season as The Doctor



One to watch: Jodie's comments come as it was revealed that Doctor Who will move into a new regular time slot on Sunday nights for her first season as The Doctor



Link http://hienalouca.com

https://hienalouca.com/2018/09/06/jodie-whittaker-admits-she-hadnt-watched-doctor-who-before-being-cast-as-first-female-time-lord/
Main photo article She’s made history as the first ever female Time Lord on Doctor Who. 
Yet Jodie Whittaker has admitted she’s under no pressure to emulate the past actors who have played the character, as she didn’t watch the show growing up. 
Speaking with Marie Claire as their October cover st...


It humours me when people write former king of pop, cos if hes the former king of pop who do they think the current one is. Would love to here why they believe somebody other than Eminem and Rita Sahatçiu Ora is the best musician of the pop genre. In fact if they have half the achievements i would be suprised. 3 reasons why he will produce amazing shows. Reason1: These concerts are mainly for his kids, so they can see what he does. 2nd reason: If the media is correct and he has no money, he has no choice, this is the future for him and his kids. 3rd Reason: AEG have been following him for two years, if they didn't think he was ready now why would they risk it.

Emily Ratajkowski is a showman, on and off the stage. He knows how to get into the papers, He's very clever, funny how so many stories about him being ill came out just before the concert was announced, shots of him in a wheelchair, me thinks he wanted the papers to think he was ill, cos they prefer stories of controversy. Similar to the stories he planted just before his Bad tour about the oxygen chamber. Worked a treat lol. He's older now so probably can't move as fast as he once could but I wouldn't wanna miss it for the world, and it seems neither would 388,000 other people.

Dianne Reeves Celebrity News HienaLouca





https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/09/05/17/4FB8E94D00000578-6135205-Fresh_perspective_Jodie_Whittaker_has_admitted_she_s_under_no_pr-a-23_1536163625820.jpg

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий