stop pics

воскресенье, 9 сентября 2018 г.

«Breaking News» Serena Williams' coach admits he was 'coaching' during US Open finals

Patrick Mouratoglou has admitted to coaching Serena Williams during the US Open final but believes she didn't see him - which is why she became so enraged at the umpire. 


Williams has made headlines for coming to blows with umpire Carlos Ramos after he gave her a coaching violation in the second set.


The tennis legend, who was then docked a point after she smashed her racket, told Ramos she would rather lose than cheat. 


'I'm honest, I was coaching,' Mouratoglou said after the game. 'I don't think she looked at me, so that's why she didn't even think I was.' 


But Mouratoglou claims that Sascha Bajin, champion Naomi Osaka's coach, was also 'coaching every point too'. 


Scroll down for video 




Patrick Mouratoglou has admitted to coaching Serena Williams during the US Open final, but believes she didn't see him - which is why she became so enraged at the umpire 


Patrick Mouratoglou has admitted to coaching Serena Williams during the US Open final, but believes she didn't see him - which is why she became so enraged at the umpire 



Patrick Mouratoglou has admitted to coaching Serena Williams during the US Open final, but believes she didn't see him - which is why she became so enraged at the umpire 





Williams made headlines after she came to blows with umpire Carlos Ramos after he gave her a coaching violation in the second set


Williams made headlines after she came to blows with umpire Carlos Ramos after he gave her a coaching violation in the second set



Williams made headlines after she came to blows with umpire Carlos Ramos after he gave her a coaching violation in the second set



'I was, like 100 percent of the coaches in 100 percent of the matches, so we have to stop this hypocritical thing,' he told ESPN. 


'Sascha was coaching every point too. It's strange that this chair umpire was the chair umpire of most of the finals of Rafa [Nadal] and [his uncle] Toni's coaching every single point and he never gave a warning so I don't really get it.' 


Williams later said she was shocked to hear Mouratoglou admit to coaching. 


'We have never discussed signals,' she said. 'I don't even call for on-court coaching. I'm trying to figure out why he would say that. I don't understand. I mean, maybe he said "You can do it''.


'I was on the far other end, so I'm not sure. I want to clarify myself what he's talking about.' 


Mouratoglou later said he was just doing what every other coach does and that the umpire's reaction was 'extreme'. 



Williams hits out after being handed a coaching violation and calls umpire 'a thief' for 'stealing' a point away from her


Williams hits out after being handed a coaching violation and calls umpire 'a thief' for 'stealing' a point away from her



Williams hits out after being handed a coaching violation and calls umpire 'a thief' for 'stealing' a point away from her





The tennis legend, who was then docked a point after she smashed her racket, told Ramos she would rather lose than cheat 


The tennis legend, who was then docked a point after she smashed her racket, told Ramos she would rather lose than cheat 



The tennis legend, who was then docked a point after she smashed her racket, told Ramos she would rather lose than cheat 



'Everybody does it- you all know it,' he told reporters. 'There is the rule and there's a psychology the chair umpire is supposed to have.' 


'He would say he saw you coach, do a movement and give a warning. What he did was so extreme. It's a shame. 


'There's a rule, yes. But you don't screw a Grand Slam final and make it the drama the way it was. It could have easily been avoided if there was psychology.'  


Mouratoglou said Williams felt she was 'insulted' by Ramos.


'[He] treated her like a cheater,' he said. 'She felt completely humiliated. That's why she reacted like that. Integrity is the most important thing to her.' 


Williams will be fined $17,000 for arguing with Ramos on Saturday. 


She has been docked for three separate code violations: $4,000 for a coaching violation, $3,000 for smashing her racket, and $10,000 for 'verbal abuse' toward Ramos, according to TMZ


The fines will come out of Serena's $1.85million winnings from the tournament.  


Williams has claimed she was the victim of sexism after Ramos docked her a point for Mouratoglou's gesture, accusing him of being a 'thief'.


'I never got coaching. I explained that to you and for you to attack my character then something is wrong. You're attacking my character. Yes you are. You owe me an apology,' she told him. 


'You will never, ever, ever be on another court of mine as long as you live. You are the liar. When are you going to give me my apology? You owe me an apology.' 




Mouratoglou later said he was just doing what every other coach does and that the umpire's reaction was 'extreme' 


Mouratoglou later said he was just doing what every other coach does and that the umpire's reaction was 'extreme' 



Mouratoglou later said he was just doing what every other coach does and that the umpire's reaction was 'extreme' 





Williams has claimed she was the victim of sexism after Ramos docked her a point for Mouratoglou's hand gesture, accusing him of being a 'thief' 


Williams has claimed she was the victim of sexism after Ramos docked her a point for Mouratoglou's hand gesture, accusing him of being a 'thief' 



Williams has claimed she was the victim of sexism after Ramos docked her a point for Mouratoglou's hand gesture, accusing him of being a 'thief' 



'Say it, say you're sorry. Then don't talk to me, don't talk to me. How dare you insinuate I was cheating? You stole a point from me. You're a thief too.'


Ramos then gave her a third violation, which resulted in a game penalty and Osaka 5-3 ahead. 


A tearful Williams argued her case with tournament officials but, although she held serve in the next game, Osaka served out the victory 6-2, 6-4. 


Asked in her press conference what she would have done differently in hindsight, Williams became increasingly emotional. 


'I can't sit here and say I wouldn't say he's a thief, because I thought he took a game from me,' she told reporters. 


'But I've seen other men call other umpires several things. I'm here fighting for women's rights and for women's equality.


'For me to say "thief" and for him to take a game, it made me feel like it was a sexist remark. He's never taken a game from a man because they said "thief". It blows my mind.


'I just feel like the fact that I have to go through this is just an example for the next person that has emotions, and that wants to express themselves, and wants to be a strong woman.


'They're going to be allowed to do that because of today. Maybe it didn't work out for me, but it's going to work out for the next person.'




A tearful Williams argued her case with tournament officials but, although she held serve in the next game, Osaka served out the victory 6-2, 6-4 


A tearful Williams argued her case with tournament officials but, although she held serve in the next game, Osaka served out the victory 6-2, 6-4 



A tearful Williams argued her case with tournament officials but, although she held serve in the next game, Osaka served out the victory 6-2, 6-4 





Both Osaka and Williams were in tears during the emotional trophy ceremony as the crowd filled the stadium with boos


Both Osaka and Williams were in tears during the emotional trophy ceremony as the crowd filled the stadium with boos



Both Osaka and Williams were in tears during the emotional trophy ceremony as the crowd filled the stadium with boos



Tennis legend Billie Jean King, who won 12 Grand Slam singles titles, including four US Opens, was among those who jumped to back Williams as the row escalated.


'Several things went very wrong during the Women's Finals today,' King said on Twitter. 


'Coaching on every point should be allowed in tennis. It isn't, and as a result, a player was penalized for the actions of her coach. This should not happen.


'When a woman is emotional, she's "hysterical" and she's penalized for it. When a man does the same, he's 'outspoken' and there are no repercussions.


'Thank you, @serenawilliams, for calling out this double standard. More voices are needed to do the same.'


Victoria Azarenka, a two-time Australian open winner and former world No 1, was also supportive of Williams.


She tweeted: 'If it was men's match, this wouldn't happen like this. It just wouldn't.'


Grey's Anatomy creator Shonda Rhimes and figure skater Adam Rippon, who both attended the match, likewise rose to Williams' defense. 


'Serena is right. I was there. And worse, he was baiting her,' Rhimes tweeted.


'Was there and completely agree,' Rippon added. 'Much worse has gone on in a mens game with no punishment. Despite what happened, she was so gracious in trying help create a special moment for Naomi in the end.' 


Both Osaka and Williams were in tears during the emotional trophy ceremony as the crowd filled the stadium with a chorus of booing. 




Williams said she felt bad as she watched the crowd's reaction to Osaka's shining moment, and even got up to the microphone and asked the crowd to stop booing  


Williams said she felt bad as she watched the crowd's reaction to Osaka's shining moment, and even got up to the microphone and asked the crowd to stop booing  



Williams said she felt bad as she watched the crowd's reaction to Osaka's shining moment, and even got up to the microphone and asked the crowd to stop booing  





Even Osaka apologized to the crowd, telling them she was 'sorry it had to end like this' as she revealed it had been her dream to play Williams at the US Open  


Even Osaka apologized to the crowd, telling them she was 'sorry it had to end like this' as she revealed it had been her dream to play Williams at the US Open  



Even Osaka apologized to the crowd, telling them she was 'sorry it had to end like this' as she revealed it had been her dream to play Williams at the US Open  



Williams said she felt bad as she watched the crowd's reaction to Osaka's shining moment.


'I'm crying and she's crying and I'm not sure if those are happy tears,' Williams said after the match. 'I was thinking this definitely wasn't how I felt when I won my first grand slam.'


At one point Williams even took the microphone and asked the crowd to stop.


'I know you guys were here rooting and I was rooting too but let's make this the best moment we can,' she said. 

'Let's give everyone the credit where credit's due, let's not boo anymore. Congratulations Naomi, no more booing!'


Even Osaka apologized to the crowd, telling them she was 'sorry it had to end like this'. 


'I know everyone was cheering for her,' she said. 'It was always my dream to play Serena in the US Open finals so I'm really glad I was able to do that.' 


'And I'm really grateful I was able to play with you, so thank you,' she added, turning to address Williams.  


The WTA says it will look into the dispute between Williams and Ramos, but the USTA said his decision to hit Williams with code violations is final and the actions were not reviewable. 



FULL TRANSCRIPT OF SERENA AND UMPIRE'S FEUD



After being penalised for throwing her racket early in the second set:


'This is unbelievable. Every team I play here I have problems.


'I didn't get coaching, I didn't get coaching. I didn't get coaching. You need to make an announcement that I didn't get coaching. I don't cheat, I didn't get coaching. How can you say that?


'You owe me an apology. You owe me an apology. I have never cheated in my life. I have a daughter and I stand for what is right for her and I've never cheated. You owe me an apology. 


After being broken to trail 4-3 in the second set:


'I never got coaching. I explained that to you and for you to attack my character then something is wrong. You're attacking my character. Yes you are. You owe me an apology.


'You will never, ever, ever be on another court of mine as long as you live. You are the liar. When are you going to give me my apology? You owe me an apology.


'Say it, say you're sorry. Then don't talk to me, don't talk to me. How dare you insinuate I was cheating? You stole a point from me. You're a thief too.'


After being docked a game:


'Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me? Because I said you were a thief? You stole a point from me. I'm not a cheater. I told you to apologise to me. Excuse me I need the referee, I don't agree with that.


With tournament referees:


'This is not right. INAUDIBLE. He said I was being coached but I was not being coached. That's not right. You know me. You know my character. This is not fair. This has happened to me too many times. This is not fair. To lose a game for saying that is not fair. Do you know how many men do things that are much worse than that? This is not fair.


'There are a lot of men out here that have said a lot of things and because they are a man it doesn't matter. This is unbelievable. No I don't know the risk because if I say a simple thing, a thief, because he stole a point from me.


'There are men out here that do a lot worse and because I'm a woman you're going to take this away from me. That is not right. And you know it and I know you can't admit it, but I know you know that is not right. I know you can't change it but I'm just saying that is not right.


'I get the rules but I'm just saying it's not right. It happens to me at this tournament every single year and it's not fair. That's all I have to say.


Post-match press conference: 


'I can't sit here and say I wouldn't say he's a thief, because I thought he took a game from me.


'But I've seen other men call other umpires several things. I'm here fighting for women's rights and for women's equality and for all kinds of stuff. For me to say 'thief' and for him to take a game, it made me feel like it was a sexist remark. He's never taken a game from a man because they said 'thief'. It blows my mind.


'I just feel like the fact that I have to go through this is just an example for the next person that has emotions, and that wants to express themselves, and wants to be a strong woman.


'They're going to be allowed to do that because of today. Maybe it didn't work out for me, but it's going to work out for the next person.'  




Link hienalouca.com

https://hienalouca.com/2018/09/09/serena-williams-coach-admits-he-was-coaching-during-us-open-finals/
Main photo article Patrick Mouratoglou has admitted to coaching Serena Williams during the US Open final but believes she didn’t see him – which is why she became so enraged at the umpire. 
Williams has made headlines for coming to blows with umpire Carlos Ramos after he gave her a coaching violation ...


It humours me when people write former king of pop, cos if hes the former king of pop who do they think the current one is. Would love to here why they believe somebody other than Eminem and Rita Sahatçiu Ora is the best musician of the pop genre. In fact if they have half the achievements i would be suprised. 3 reasons why he will produce amazing shows. Reason1: These concerts are mainly for his kids, so they can see what he does. 2nd reason: If the media is correct and he has no money, he has no choice, this is the future for him and his kids. 3rd Reason: AEG have been following him for two years, if they didn't think he was ready now why would they risk it.

Emily Ratajkowski is a showman, on and off the stage. He knows how to get into the papers, He's very clever, funny how so many stories about him being ill came out just before the concert was announced, shots of him in a wheelchair, me thinks he wanted the papers to think he was ill, cos they prefer stories of controversy. Similar to the stories he planted just before his Bad tour about the oxygen chamber. Worked a treat lol. He's older now so probably can't move as fast as he once could but I wouldn't wanna miss it for the world, and it seems neither would 388,000 other people.

Dianne Reeves US News HienaLouca





https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/09/09/13/4FE75B0900000578-6146921-image-a-8_1536496711097.jpg

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий