stop pics

суббота, 29 сентября 2018 г.

«Breaking News» Celtic's Scott Sinclair reveals anger of being used as a substitute by Brendan Rodgers

Scott Sinclair on Saturday night spoke of his 'anger' at being benched by Brendan Rodgers for much of this season after Aberdeen bore the brunt of his frustrations.


The Englishman struck a cheeky 63rd-minute back-heel winner to give Celtic a 1-0 victory that moved them up to fourth in the Ladbrokes Premiership table.


That, admitted Sinclair, prompted an outpouring of relief and a release of pent-up dissatisfaction when celebrating his first Parkhead goal for nine months.




Celtic's Scott Sinclair released his frustrations as he celebrated his winner against Aberdeen


Celtic's Scott Sinclair released his frustrations as he celebrated his winner against Aberdeen



Celtic's Scott Sinclair released his frustrations as he celebrated his winner against Aberdeen



'You could see my celebration, it means a lot,' said the 29-year-old, who has been a bit-part performer for Rodgers so far in 2018-19, making his two league starts in defeats to Hearts and Kilmarnock. 'I think when you haven't scored here for what feels like forever, then add the emotion and the anger built up not playing, being in and out.


'At the same time, it's relief. Getting that goal feeling back means a lot. Hopefully I can now build on it going into the next game and go on from there.' Saturday's outing, as a late first-half replacement for injured striker Odsonne Edouard, was only Sinclair's second Premiership appearance from the bench.

He added: 'Being on the bench so much and sometimes not making an impact is frustrating.


'From being Player of the Year in my first season to the top goalscorer in the second season, it makes you angry.


'I can only control what I do on the training ground. So whatever is out of my control, I try not to let that affect me. I just keep my head down and work hard.


'The gaffer said I would get my chance and, hopefully, I took it. Now it is up to me to carry that on, although it's more difficult when you are in and out of the team.


'The manager knows that when I am not playing, I'm not happy. But I will never give up. My head will never drop.


'At the same time, if you feel you want to give more, when you come on you have to make an impact. And I showed that today.


'I do speak to the manager and, as a team, we haven't been the same.




Sinclair has been benched by Celtic manager Rodgers for much of the season so far


Sinclair has been benched by Celtic manager Rodgers for much of the season so far



Sinclair has been benched by Celtic manager Rodgers for much of the season so far



'We should be top of the league, but we are not, although it's coming. You don't win the league in the first six or seven games. I hope we can keep moving forward.' Sinclair's chance to kick-start his season came after Edouard suffered a dead leg in a Scott McKenna challenge described as 'reckless' by Rodgers.


However, the Celtic boss reported that the Frenchman should recover in time to travel to Austria for Thursday's Europa League test against Salzburg.


'When Scott jumps as high as he did and takes his opponent as high as he does, then I think the very minimum is a free-kick,' said the Celtic manager.


'I didn't think it was a penalty, it was outside the box. But it gave Odsonne a dead leg, which meant he couldn't carry on. I think he should be fine in a couple of days.' Celtic warmed up for the Europa test with their fifth 1-0 victory in their last eight games.


Defeats to Kilmarnock and dropping points at St Mirren had been the lowlights of that run, which Sinclair admits had been a concern.


'The pressure is sort of building, so it was great for us to get three points and get back to winning ways,' he said. 'It hasn't been the best of starts personally or collectively as a team.


'But I think we have the character and the belief to get through it. The criticism doesn't affect me. I believe in myself. I don't need people telling me if I am good or not.




Rodgers' Celtic side take on Red Bull Salzburg on Thursday evening in the Europa League


Rodgers' Celtic side take on Red Bull Salzburg on Thursday evening in the Europa League



Rodgers' Celtic side take on Red Bull Salzburg on Thursday evening in the Europa League



'The gaffer knows I'm always confident. The criticism doesn't affect me. I don't even hear it.' Rodgers was thankful for resolute defending from Dedryck Boyata in the Belgian's best display since his well-publicised transfer issues and a stunning Craig Gordon save from Gary Mackay-Steven on the stroke of half-time.


'It was a tough game and we showed another side of us,' said Rodgers. 'That's seven clean sheets in eight. Okay, we have played a couple of years where it has been all-singing, all-dancing, lots of chances, goals and records. But at times in football you also have to show a resilience and spirit. So until we get back - and I believe our movement and creativity is on the way back to where we want it to be - you've still got to win games.


'That match, earlier in the season, could have been 0-0. But we kept pushing and I'm delighted for the players.


'Dedryck was outstanding. Aberdeen put lots of great quality into the box, so you have to be able to defend that.


'Craig wasn't overworked, but when they break away, they have good speed. Gary has wriggled himself into the box. Craig makes big saves when you need them.


'Players like Scott thrive on goals. He's about a lot more than that but coming into the game and making that impact will help.


'You saw in his celebration how happy he was and how happy the team were. It will do him the world of good.'

hienalouca.com

https://hienalouca.com/2018/09/30/celtics-scott-sinclair-reveals-anger-of-being-used-as-a-substitute-by-brendan-rodgers/
Main photo article Scott Sinclair on Saturday night spoke of his ‘anger’ at being benched by Brendan Rodgers for much of this season after Aberdeen bore the brunt of his frustrations.
The Englishman struck a cheeky 63rd-minute back-heel winner to give Celtic a 1-0 victory that moved them up to fourth...


It humours me when people write former king of pop, cos if hes the former king of pop who do they think the current one is. Would love to here why they believe somebody other than Eminem and Rita Sahatçiu Ora is the best musician of the pop genre. In fact if they have half the achievements i would be suprised. 3 reasons why he will produce amazing shows. Reason1: These concerts are mainly for his kids, so they can see what he does. 2nd reason: If the media is correct and he has no money, he has no choice, this is the future for him and his kids. 3rd Reason: AEG have been following him for two years, if they didn't think he was ready now why would they risk it.

Emily Ratajkowski is a showman, on and off the stage. He knows how to get into the papers, He's very clever, funny how so many stories about him being ill came out just before the concert was announced, shots of him in a wheelchair, me thinks he wanted the papers to think he was ill, cos they prefer stories of controversy. Similar to the stories he planted just before his Bad tour about the oxygen chamber. Worked a treat lol. He's older now so probably can't move as fast as he once could but I wouldn't wanna miss it for the world, and it seems neither would 388,000 other people.

Dianne Reeves Online news HienaLouca





https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1/2018/09/29/23/4639254-0-image-a-17_1538261241822.jpg

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий